Cross Curricular Links - Citizenship
Many aspects of work in Citizenship are applicable to work done in D&T.
- Working independently and in groups, sharing ideas and treating others’ ideas with respect
- The opportunity to be creative, flexible and show perseverance
- To critically evaluate existing products, students’ own work and that of others
- A respect for the environment, for their own health and safety and that of others
- Recognise the strengths and limitations of a range of technologies and appreciate which are appropriate for particular situations
- Develop cultural awareness and understanding and appreciate the values of differences and similarities
- Develop an understanding that all people are equal
- Find enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose through designing and making
- Apply value judgements of an aesthetic, economic, environmental, moral, scientific and technical nature.