Health and Safety Reminder Posters and Videos
Extending the benefits of the D&T Association’s Health and Safety Training and Accreditation Scheme.
Health and Safety reminder posters and videos are sponsored by HME-Technologies Ltd and Technology Supplies Ltd
Those who have completed H&S training and accreditation since September 2015 can now access a comprehensive set of reminder videos and posters.
- The reminder videos are accessible using QR codes found on each poster.
- Once your training is complete ask your H&S trainer for a link to the posters
- Print out posters and display near the individual pieces of equipment.
- To enable access to the videos, download a QR code reader onto your phone or tablet.
- Once accreditation is complete ask your trainer to provide you with appropriate H&S PIN code, to unlock videos, of the machinery, that you have been trained to use.
It is important that everyone is trained and accredited, on the equipment used within your D&T department. Upon accreditation from the Specialist Extension Level H&S training Standards course with the D&T Association you will be given access to the appropriate reminder videos, providing visual reminders of the practical competencies completed in your H&S training.
The code of practice BS 4163:2014: Health and Safety for Design and Technology in Educational and Similar Establishments, sets clear expectations about the Health and Safety training required of everyone working in design and technology. The D&T Association H&S Training and Accreditation Scheme is designed to ensure you are fully covered and following the guidelines on best practice within your department.
The newly released reminder videos are not a replacement for H&S training and accreditation or for the necessary refresher training so please ensure all staff in your D&T department undertake appropriate training. You will then gain access to these valuable workshop machinery videos.
If you have recently undertaken health and safety training and would like access to the posters and videos, or would like more information about our H&S training and accreditation scheme, please contact email@example.com or call us on 01789 470007.
Please download the posters as A4 or A3 in size and place them beside the appropriate machinery.
- S1HS Wood Sawing Machines Bandsaw - A4 size, A3 size
- S1HS Wood Sawing Machines Circular Saw - A4 size, A3 size
- S2HS Centre Lathe - A3 size
- S3HS Casting Non-Ferrous Metals - A3 size
- S6HS Milling Machine - A3 size
- S7HS Woodturning Lathe - A4 size, A3 size
- S8HS Planer Thicknesser - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Biscuit Cutter - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Circular Saw - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Grinder - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Jig Saw - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Planer - A4 size, A3 size
- S9HS Portable Router - A4 size, A3 size
- S10HS Grinding and sharpening - A4 size, A3 size
More H&S reminder videos are currently in development
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.