Create Education Excellence Award for Outstanding Primary Subject Leadership
This award sponsored CREATE Education recognises exceptional, effective, and inspiring leadership. The award winner will demonstrate the development of a progressive, outstanding, innovative, and creative primary D&T curriculum delivered across the whole school, resulting in clear learning progression and an impressive improvement in pupil attainment and achievement.
This Subject Leader will be identified as going above and beyond typical subject leadership requirements, inspiring and motivating pupils to achieve success and seize the opportunities presented to them.
Evidence should include:
- How a clear vision for the subject has been established within the school which all can aspire to
- How staff have been empowered to play an active role in the delivery of this vision
- How supprt structures have been put in place to help to develop and empower staff
- Award winners will demonstrate how they have promoted and supported consistently high quality, engaging teaching that inspires their pupils and delivers exceptional design and technology learning.
- Leadership will be of a high standard that allows colleagues to deliver a challenging D&T curriculum offer confidently.
Evidence could include:
- Inspirational curriculum activities
- Cross-curricular links
- Creation of inspirational teaching resources
- New and innovative methods of teaching
- Evidence of extending the D&T curriculum beyond the classroom walls, providing context and motivation for learning
- Noticeable improvement in the subject
- Massive pupil engagement and passion for the subject.
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.