Autodesk Excellence Award for Outstanding Secondary Subject Leadership
This award sponsored by Autodesk recognises exceptional and inspiring leadership. The award winner will demonstrate the development of a progressive and innovative secondary department, delivering an outstanding, challenging, and creative curriculum, resulting in impressive pupil achievement and attainment. This Subject Leader will be identified as going above and beyond normal expectations, inspiring and motivating young people to achieve success and seize the opportunities presented to them.
Evidence should include:
- How a clear vision for the subject has been established within the school which all can aspire to
- How staff have been empowered to play an active role in the delivery of this vision
- How support structures have been put in place to help to develop and empower staff
- Award winners will demonstrate how they have promoted and supported consistently high quality, engaging teaching that inspires their pupils and delivers exceptional design and technology learning.
Evidence could include:
- Inspirational curriculum activities
- Cross-curricular links
- Creation of inspirational teaching resources
- New and innovative methods of teaching
- Engagement with business/industry to provide context and motivation
- Noticeable improvement in department results and pupil engagement and results
- Massive pupil engagement and passion for the subject
Submit your nominations:
- Via electronic PDF with your supporting evidence folder via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or our online questionnaire. Don’t forget to send supporting evidence folder via email to email@example.com
- Or via post with your supporting evidence in the envelope to: The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 3TB
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.