Onshape Excellence Award for Inspirational Support Staff within D&T
This award sponsored by Onshape is for support staff who have demonstrated an outstanding contribution to how the subject is delivered in their school. They may be working as teaching assistants, technicians, L.S.A., or volunteers.
They will be known as being highly motivated and enthusiastic about the subject, which in turn will have had a positive effect on both pupils and colleagues. These award winners will be highly valued members of their design and technology department and their work integral to its overall success.
Evidence could include:
- In primary schools, a support colleague may have been responsible for developing the expertise in a particular aspect of the subject. For example, they may have successfully introduced C.A.D. into the school's curriculum, actively seek and implement support from the local community, create inspiring displays and support materials. They would also play a key part in curriculum development and delivery and go above and beyond what is required, becoming highly proficient to be able to instruct and inform both pupils and teachers.
- At secondary level, a support colleague may have been particularly active in developing aspects of the curriculum such as engineering; they may travel the length and breadth of the country sourcing materials or support pupils after-school in a range of co-curricular activities. The winner of this award may have set up and run popular after school clubs or show evidence of effective outreach to business and industry to enhance and enrich the curriculum offer.
Submit your nominations:
- Via electronic PDF with your supporting evidence folder via email to email@example.com
- Or our online questionnaire. Don’t forget to send supporting evidence folder via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or via post with your supporting evidence in the envelope to: The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 3TB
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.