Excellence Award for Outstanding Industry Engagement (Industry Partner)
This award recognises a business’s outstanding contribution to design and technology education through its ongoing relationship and activities with an individual school or group of schools. The successful business needs to demonstrate how their engagement with pupils has enriched the curriculum offer in design and technology for the engaged school(s).
Evidence provided by a nominated Industry could include:
- Positive relationships with a school through schemes like Blueprint 1000 that have resulted in reciprocal relationships involving pupils and school representatives
- Because of the nature of the partnership, successful design and technology activity has been completed in school, contextualised by the links made with a particular industry
- Pupils' learning will be significantly enhanced by an ongoing collaboration with teachers and pupils, which helps shape the curriculum in the school/college, increasing the subject's relevance and meaning
- Through this relationship, pupils have developed a more comprehensive understanding of the opportunities available to them within business/industry sectors and the pathways that can be taken to progress in the identified area of work. Through this engagement, the industry leaders have developed a fuller understanding of how to impact the world of education positively.
Submit your nominations:
- Via electronic PDF with your supporting evidence folder via email to email@example.com
- Or our online questionnaire. Don’t forget to send supporting evidence folder via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or via post with your supporting evidence in the envelope to: The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 3TB
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.