Autodesk Excellence Award for Outstanding Departmental Team
This award sponsored by Autodesk is given to schools across the country, demonstrating a consistently strong and cohesive design and technology departmental team. Leadership and support will be strong, resulting in a clear vision for the subject within the school, resulting in design and technology being attributed high status across a school and amongst the senior team and community.
Teachers and leaders will be highly motivated and ambitious for both the subject and their pupils' achievement. In primary schools, the Subject Leader will have ensured that design and technology is fully understood, well-resourced and that all those teaching the subject feel supported and clear in the school's vision. At secondary level, the Heads of Department will be strong middle managers, able to ensure that the subject is understood and valued by the whole school and by parents.
Evidence could include:
- The team have supported each other to develop further skills and understanding, allowing them to deliver a holistic, engaging curriculum
- There is a shared approach to curriculum development and teaching and learning, with a 360-degree approach to D&T
- The Subject Leader has used resources such as quality marks and assessment tools to undertake a thorough review of their department and make any subsequent changes. As a result, the secondary department has a clear vision, development plan and strategy for short, medium, and long-term development
- In Primary school, the staff take shared responsibility for the conception, delivery, and review of their D&T curriculum. Classes may work together to develop collaborative learning opportunities for pupils and strive to develop inspiring D&T learning. At secondary level, uptake amongst pupils at GCSE, A Level and other related qualifications is good, resulting from the subject being valued highly within the community.
Submit your nominations:
- Via electronic PDF with your supporting evidence folder via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or our online questionnaire. Don’t forget to send supporting evidence folder via email to email@example.com
- Or via post with your supporting evidence in the envelope to: The Design and Technology Association, 11 Manor Park, Banbury, Oxford, OX16 3TB
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.