Primary D&T in Action in Action - D&T curriculum in KS1 and KS2
To book your place on the next available course click here.
This 1 Day CPD session teaches some of the tricky bits of the new D&T curriculum in KS1 and KS2
- To develop practical expertise and subject knowledge in more challenging aspects of the D&T curriculum
- To gain first-hand experience of carrying out D&T activities based on ‘Projects on a Page’
- To begin to develop a resource pack that can be used back at school to support teaching and learning
This practical, hands-on, full day course will provide subject leaders and classroom teachers with the practical skills and know-how to teach challenging and technically demanding aspects of the new National Curriculum for D&T. Delegates will consider how the content of several projects within the popular national scheme of work ‘Projects on a Page’ can be translated into practice through high quality teaching and learning. During the day delegates will begin to build a resource pack including teaching aids that can be used back at school in their own and other teachers’ classrooms.
The course leader, Gareth Pimley, was a major contributor to the final draft of the programmes of study and central to the development of ‘Projects on a Page’. The day will include the following workshop sessions:
- Workshop 1: Progression across the D&T curriculum, what it looks like and how it can be achieved
- Workshop 2: Practical strategies for promoting an iterative process of designing and making
- Workshop 3: Understanding and using electrical systems in KS2
- Workshop 4: Understanding and using mechanisms in KS1 and mechanical systems in KS2
Please note that a sample of project planners from ‘Projects on a Page’ will be handed out to delegates during the course.
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.