Design and Technology Curriculum Planning for the new Ofsted framework
The new Ofsted framework, to be introduced from September 2019, will require leaders and teachers of D&T to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject, this course will guide participants through a review and redesign of the D&T curriculum offer.
What skills and attributes do you want your year 11 students to have developed?
What does a design and technology curriculum look like in light of Industry 4.0 and the aftermath of Brexit?
How outward facing is your department in terms of global learning?
Explore these issues with colleagues and make use of the curriculum planning tools on offer from The Design and Technology Association to get your planning underway
- Identify gaps in your teaching and learning
- Understand how to fill them
- Broaden your thinking beyond working to exam specifications
- Discover resources to support the delivery of your department’s curriculum
- Link learning to the world of work and to society and wider life
- Consider your curriculum offer in terms of learning outcomes, not ‘projects’
- Understand how to map your current curriculum offer
- Prioritise your gaps
- Prepare an action plan with timescales for delivery
Tony Ryan - CEO, Design and Technology Association
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.