Implementing Computer Aided Design (C.A.D) in primary D&T
This course will help teachers and D&T leaders improve their knowledge of C.A.D. and how it can be successfully applied in the primary D&T curriculum as part of the key stage 2 requirements of the English national curriculum programmes of study. With how-to videos, suggestions for software and resources to use in class, we show the impact C.A.D. can have in your class.
• Understand how to introduce C.A.D. in design and technology.
• Be aware of a variety of software applications for delivering C.A.D.
• Understand how to ensure progression with C.A.D.
• Gain personal skills in 2D and 3D applications.
• Understand how to introduce Computer Aided Manufacture C.A.M. into your curriculum.
• Understand the wider-reaching impact of C.A.D. (including use in secondary schools and industry).
By participating in this course, you will:
• Develop your C.A.D. skills and confidence.
• Get hints and tips on how to successfully implement C.A.D. in key stage 2 to improve student outcomes and practice.
• Upon completion of the course, delegates receive an electronic certificate and validated digital badge to demonstrate your completion of relevant D&T CPD.
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.