Secondary D&T Workshop Collection
This is collection of workshops taken from our D&T Autumn School 2020 and is aimed at Secondary teachers. This E-Learning course features 8 workshops and accompanying resources from teachers and industry professionals with additional keynotes from inspirational speakers. Each workshop (approximately 40 minutes) allows you to work through at your own pace. Use the downloadable resources to aid your teaching and implement them in the classroom. Whether you are learning a new skill or would like to refresh an existing skill there is something for all teachers, whether you are a trainee teacher, NQT, classroom teacher or head of department. Why not use the talks from guest speakers Michael Omotosho, industrial designer and Jude Pullen, designer (Lego, Sugru, BBC’s Big Life Fix) with your students in school?
- Michael Omotosho is a freelance Industrial designer based in Bradford and is widely recognised as a young highly talented designer with huge potential.
- Jude Pullen is a Technologist & Physical Prototyping Expert, Jude has worked for NHS, Dyson, LEGO, and a number of start-ups - helping shape their futures through design thinking and novel use of technologies.
- Embedding control into the D&T curriculum with the BBC Micro:bit - Giles Booth, Micro:bit
- Reigniting the D&T curriculum with engaging & inspiring activities - Dave Bausor
- Prototyping and developing circuits from KS3 to GCSE - John Donnelly
- Embedding a digital portfolio approach to support remote and school based learning - James Bleach
- Design Engineer Construct - Daniel McDonagh
- Retrieval practice - Viraj Sharma
- Raising the profile of D&T, building consistency and setting high expectations for both staff and students - Matthew Brown
- Teaching overseas. Is the grass greener? - Simon Wood
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.