Button batteries pose 'deadly' risk to toddlers

Published 14th October 2016

Surgeons are warning of the potentially deadly risk posed to young children by button batteries. If accidentally swallowed, the small, round batteries can get lodged in the oesophagus and burn a hole through its lining. London's Great Ormond Street Hospital has seen a big increase in cases in the past year. If you're using button batteries in school ensure you are safeguarding against the associated risks.

Read the full BBC article here.

Back to News