New University Design and Technology Membership
Published 11th September 2017
University Membership (Lecturer)
Introducing our new membership option for Universities, aimed at University Departments with an interest in engaging design, engineering and technology teachers and students in schools.
University membership has been designed to keep course leaders up to date with relevant changes in the curriculum, examination and assessment and provide insight in to the issues and challenges in schools today.
University Departmental membership will include personal logins and memberships for
- up to 5 lecturers,
- extra logins for further lectures
- Student membership log-ins
- Each type with different benefits
Membership would be beneficial for lecturers within university departments interested in recruiting pupils into studying design and technology, engineering, product design, textiles etc. at GCSE and A Level and students studying Initial Teacher Education, with an interest in teaching design and technology, engineering etc.
PR and University promotion to schools, teachers and pupils
- University dedicated page on the University directory on our website
- Opportunity to promote your department, its open days and exhibitions to schools regionally and nationally and your university courses and services
- Reduced delegate rates on our courses for university staff
- Opportunity to present courses and promote the university in so doing
- Promote key developments in the University to schools
- Host local branch networking meetings, with our help at the University, offering you’re the opportunity to invite local schools into your facility
- Receive up to date information on the design and technology curriculum, covering early years, primary and secondary National Curriculum, GCSEs, A Levels and Technical qualifications.
- Insight into the options young people are pursuing, including Design, engineering or education related careers.
- Two copies, per term of our magazines:
- D&T Primary Magazine – readership of 10,000 +, focused on primary schools
- D&T Practice Magazine – readership of 18000+, focused on Secondary schools
- Designing magazine - readership of 18000+, focused on Secondary schools
- Opportunity to feature your department in one of the magazines, promoting your courses and facilities to thousands of young people and their teachers.
- Reduced rates on advertising and sponsorship opportunities, in printed publications and via online media and social networks.
- Access to information and guidance on relevant health and safety issues and training.
- Insights from government, exam bodies, Ofsted, leading employers and other key stakeholders.
- Access to over 11,000 members and in excess of 41,000 non-member teachers.
- Opportunity for lecturers to direct students to access reduced membership (£10 for online student membership instead of standard £28)
We are keen to encourage more student teachers to become members of ‘their’ Association, at the start of their career. The Association is there to support their needs, provide advice and information on the curriculum and common teaching challenges and, ultimately, reflect their needs as they embark on rewarding teaching careers.
There is support for teaching practice as well as inspiration and ideas and access to online and physical teacher communities. We provide CPD courses, resources, practical training and guest lectures to help with everything from course planning, new technologies and improving results.
Upon completion of your course, we recommend that students convert to NQT membership.
Key benefits for students and those moving into their NQT year:
- Become more successful in your teaching; more expert; more influential and more effective.
- Access support and guidance for your professional life as a Design and Technology teacher.
- Get insight into what’s happening nationally – with curriculum, inspection, assessment and qualifications.
- Access our HSE endorsed health and safety training and accreditation scheme in line with BS4163:2014
There are a wide variety of member benefits: reduced rates for a broad range of curriculum CPD, classroom resources and publications; advice and guidance; networking and career opportunities and so much moreBack to News