Primary Self Review Framework
Published 20th July 2016
Freely available to Primary School members, the D&T Self-Review Framework (SRF) is now live. SRF is a tool which is designed to help schools determine the quality and effectiveness of all aspects of their Design and Technology provision in school.
Aimed to help schools:
- Fully evaluate their current provision
- Efficiently store and manage evidence
- Plan to fully address the National Curriculum programmes of study for D&T and the EYFS Framework
- Improve curriculum planning, teaching and learning, leadership and capacity, and resources and safety
- Effectively address Ofsted’s focus on self-evaluation (School Inspection Handbook, Ofsted, 2015)
- Ensure that the contribution that D&T makes to a broad and balanced curriculum is recognised within the school community
Schools who meet all of the criteria in the Self-Review Framework can apply for the D&T Mark. This is a new quality mark awarded to primary schools and secondary departments that demonstrate excellence in Design and Technology provision.
The D&T Association will recognise schools who achieve the D&T Mark as ‘Centres of Excellence’. We will work with these schools to develop resources, run CPD/branch meetings and as a location for visits with both UK and international visitors, government officials and industry.
For more information or to register for the Self-Review Framework visit primarysrf.data.org.uk; where you can complete 8 quick-fire questions to get an instant overview of your school’s strengths and areas for development.
You can find more information here.
Back to News