Training the Next Generation of Designers and Engineers: Event at the Houses of Commons
Published 7th September 2017
We have invited an audience of influential individuals from across government, industry and education to discuss how best to train the next generation of designers and engineers. A panel of senior parliamentarians, educators and design experts, chaired by Michelle Donelan, MP, will discuss what more we can do to inspire young people to study Design and Technology as a route into design and engineering careers
Design and technology pupils from schools across London will be attending the House of Commons and provide MPs, Lords and other guests with an inspiring display of work, developed in their design and technology and engineering lessons. They will demonstrate a range of creative digital and technical skills – from CAD CAM, robotics, 3D printing and drones, set to captivate the audience and hopefully reinforce our message that design and technology should be an essential subject for all schools.
The event will be chaired by Michelle Donelan, MP for Chippenham who will be hosting the event.
If you have a question that you would like answering then please, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet or facebook your questions include the hashtag #digitalfutures
- Lord Baker of Dorking: Former Secretary of State for Education and Chair of the Baker Dearing Trust
- Andrew Churchill: Managing Director, JJ Churchill Ltd
- Eileen Budd: Project Manager, Victoria and Albert Institute
- Sally Benton: Director of Policy & Research, Design Council
- Bill Williams: Chief Executive of the Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence
- Alice Barnard: Chief Executive of the Edge Foundation
- Jonny Edge: Subject Advisor (Design, Technology and Engineering) for OCR
Contact us for more information and it would be great if you could also urge your local MP to attend. (Find out how to contact your local MP here.)
A big thank you to our kind sponsors who make it possible to run this exciting event: Edge Foundation, Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA), Autodesk, HME-Technology and Technology Supplies are similarly committed to the importance of design and technology and engineering education.Back to News