D&T Practice 1-2014 PDF copy
Member Price: £2.00
Your Price: £5.00
D&T Practice is an A4 magazine publication offering practical ideas and solutions to classroom teaching in D&T. Covering all focus areas it includes case studies of classroom projects, product and resource reviews and profiles of companies in the field, as well as news about the D&T Association and events and activities taking place in design and technology. D&T Practice is published three times a year and is available to D&T Association Secondary members and to other membership categories. It is also available by subscription.
D&T Practice 1-2014
- Editorial A time for change
- D&T Association News National Curriculum 2014 – advice, support and frequently asked questions
- Events D&T Association Branch Meetings providing support for the teaching community; International D&T Conference: Shaping a Sustainable Future
- Resources GCSE Textiles Rescue 2014; Improving speaking and listening skills through D&T projects
- The Skills Gap Bridging the Skills Gap
- Robotics NAO! Etone College students engage with the innovative 'NAO' humanoid robot developed by Aldebaran Robotics
- Increasing boys participation in textiles Japanese street style inspires boys at Cedar Mount Academy
- ‘Ethnic Fusion’ food project Traditional family recipes from around the world are explored in a multi-cultural food technology project
- The Golden Ratio and biomimicry Looking at nature and the relationship with design and the Divine Proportion
- VEX and the New Curriculum How does the VEX Robotics platform fit with the new 2014 D&T curriculum? Paul McKnight, head of VEX Robotics in the UK explains how with series of free downloadable resources
- The roles behind the rolls! A wealth of careers for students in Chilled Food
- Show-how know-how: Part 2 Theory and practice for demonstrating in design and technology
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS EV3 and LEGO® Engineering Conference An overview of the new LEGO® MINDSTORMS Education EV3 robotics system
- It is time for a revolution in D&T education James Playford of the West Island School, Hong Kong, reflects on his teaching experiences both in the UK and abroad
Design and Technology Practice Magazine is a great way to keep up-to-date with exemplar D&T projects, and helps maintain the provision of a broad and balanced 21st Century D&T curriculum.
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable, postage and packing for UK only. For overseas postage please call us.
Back to products