Member Price: £118.50
Your Price: £162.00
GCSE CPD Resources
A set of seven CPD resources to support departments implementing the single subject D&T GCSE
First published 2016
GCSE D&T Key Resources
The new single subject GCSE provides an excellent opportunity for departments to modernise their D&T curriculum and offer genuinely effective and inspiring D&T. This set of seven CPD resources have been carefully designed to help your department plan for and implement the new GCSE and are provided as both departmental CPD and classroom teaching resources.
Further titles will be added as the new specifications are finalised for first teaching in 2017.
Teacher Guide: Preparing a GCSE Scheme of Work
• A guide to developing a robust and irresistible curriculum leading to success with the new D&T GCSE
Control Systems Teacher Training PowerPoints
• Enabling you to teach your students to build control technology into their designs
Teaching for the Contextual Challenge
• Enabling you to prepare your students to engage in user centred iterative designing
New and Emerging Technologies
• Enabling you to teach your students technological perspective
Understanding and choosing materials
• Enabling you to teach your students to design across material areas
Generating Design Ideas
• Enabling you to teach your students how to be creative
Developing and communicating design ideas including CAD
• Enabling you to teach your students how to develop and communicate ideas for products
Designing in Contexts classroom teaching resource
Also included is the bonus classroom teaching resource: Designing in Contexts.
First published 2017
This D&T GCSE Key Resource is based on five separate classroom activities that can be delivered consecutively or as separate lessons, where appropriate. The topics for each activity are:
It includes a PowerPoint presentation that can be adapted to suit your needs and includes worksheets and accompanying teacher notes outlining the different aspects. The presentation outlines several contexts as the starting point for design and links to the GCSE specification.
These resources are also available as separate items and further CPD and classroom teaching resources will be available soon, including:
• Programmable Control
• Designing in contexts
• Energy storage and conservation
This item is not available for purchase using curriculum credits.
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable, postage and packing for UK only. For overseas postage please call us.