D&T Practice 2-2013 PDF Copy
Member Price: £0.00
Your Price: £5.00
D&T Practice is an A4 magazine publication offering practical ideas and solutions to classroom teaching in D&T. Covering all focus areas it includes case studies of classroom projects, product and resource reviews and profiles of companies in the field, as well as news about the D&T Association and events and activities taking place in design and technology. D&T Practice is published three times a year and is available to D&T Association Secondary members and to other membership categories. It is also available by subscription.
D&T Practice 2-2013
- Editorial A message from Richard Green, Chief Executive, D&T Association
- D&T Association News Find out some the latest news regarding design and technology and the draft Curriculum
- Review International D&T Teachers Conference, Brunei
- Resources New resources added to the D&T Secondary website
- Website A user guide to the website and teaching resources
- Slot furniture prototypes Using CAD/CAM to investigate methods of construction and mechanisms for slot furniture
- Re-designing school! GCSE Product Design students get the design brief of re-designing the school for children with different needs
- 3D printing/rapid prototyping – affordable and worthwhile? Exploring the benefits of 3D printing in schools
- Being a teacher is like a game of Monopoly… would you agree? Jenny George works with TLO ltd (The Learning Organisation) to develop World Class Learners
- The impact of VEX Robotics Two award winning design and technology teachers talk about their initial experience and the growth of VEX Robotics in the UK
- Electronics and sustainability – USB project Year 7 students design a product which uses super capacitors as an alternative power supply reducing the need for batteries
- Exam Pal – The ‘must have’ app for ALL students preparing for examinations at ALL levels Design teacher and App developer Andrew Buck introduces the new ‘must have’ app for students and parents
- Team Rush and the F1 in Schools phenomenon Philip Cain of Robert May's School gives his account on the benefits of the F1 in School programme as a model for developing our future designers and engineers
Design and Technology Practice Magazine is a great way to keep up-to-date with exemplar D&T projects, and helps maintain the provision of a broad and balanced 21st Century D&T curriculum.
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable, postage and packing for UK only. For overseas postage please call us.
Back to products