D&T Practice 3-2014 pdf
Member Price: £0.00
Your Price: £5.00
D&T Practice is an A4 magazine publication offering practical ideas and solutions to classroom teaching in D&T. Covering all focus areas it includes case studies of classroom projects, product and resource reviews and profiles of companies in the field, as well as news about the D&T Association and events and activities taking place in design and technology. D&T Practice is published three times a year and is available to D&T Association Secondary members and to other membership categories. It is also available by subscription.
D&T Practice 3-2014
- Editorial A message from Richard Green, Chief Executive, D&T Association
- National Curriculum update Andy Mitchell reflects on the importance of making as an essential aspect of National Curriculum D&T
- Skills Gap update developing new skills for teachers and students through industry partnerships
- The Great British Make Off Win a day with a top UK designer: see your ideas come to life!
- Resources This summer we have released lots of new Secondary resources to help you with your teaching and planning
- Events Summer School success
- D&T News Membership news from the D&T Association
- Website Receive personalised website information just by logging in
- GCSE Textiles Rescue Resources Four new instructional videos from the GCSE Textiles Rescue programme, sponsored by the All Saints Educational Trust
- Improving Speaking and Listening Skills Through D&T Projects Downloadable resources now available online
- Extreme Protection: Taking design and technology out of the classroom Designing and making helmets for white water rafting in Peru!
- Improving Literacy in Design and Technology Education through Speaking and Listening skills A case study on the pilot scheme funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- Using 2D Design V2 for Textiles: A personal journey Heidi Ambrose-Brown investigates the use of 2D Design V2 for Textiles
- Digital Design Workflow Computer modelling and the use of 2D and 3D geometry to create products and drive manufacturing equipment
- A Quartet of Questions to Guide Food Science Lesson Planning Is it done? Is it thick? Will it work? Is it safe?
- First Steps in Systems and Control – part 2 Introducing the new ‘DT_Starter’ PCB
Design and Technology Practice Magazine is a great way to keep up-to-date with exemplar D&T projects, and helps maintain the provision of a broad and balanced 21st Century D&T curriculum.
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable, postage and packing for UK only. For overseas postage please call us.
Back to products