Member Price: £30.00
Your Price: £45.00
This course aims to help teachers of design and technology develop opportunities to embed issues of sustainability into their D&T teaching. Whilst aimed at key stages 3 and above, many aspects in this course can be adapted to be relevant and useful for younger age groups. The course can also act as professional development for teachers wanting to learn more about issues of sustainable practice. Sustainability is growing in prominence within design and technology, and it is vital that students develop a deep understanding of issues relating to sustainability, both to develop their design and make skills, but also to develop as responsible consumers.
• To develop students’ skills, knowledge and understanding around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• To develop students’ critical thinking skills - specifically around global issues and have a better understanding why there is such inequality
• To consider the UN SDGs as a starting point for contexts which students can explore, identify and investigate design problems – in preparation for tackling the Design and Technology GCSE non-examined assessment.
• Students will also develop key transferable skills such as teamwork, problem solving, risk taking and communication of ideas.
• Teachers are encouraged to develop outward facing learning rather than the inward, exam specification approach. They will be supported in encouraging their students to consider the connections between a range of stakeholders affected by the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
By participating in this course, you will:
• Identify your own values around sustainability and what it really means.
• Explore activities to embed in your own classroom practice.
• Reflect on how sustainable your D&T department actually is – how can this improve?
• Plan for implementation in your own school.
Upon completion of the course, delegates receive an electronic certificate and validated digital badge to demonstrate your completion of relevant D&T CPD.
All correspondence regarding this E-Learning course will be sent to the person making the booking.
If you have purchased this course for a colleague, please be aware that you will need to forward all details and logins to them or they will not be able to access their online training.
By booking your place on this E-Learning course you are committing to purchase by either credit or debit card, BACS or cheque. You will only receive the link to your online course once we have received payment.
Before booking onto the course please read our terms and conditions .
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.