Start Date: 10th December 2020
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Your Price: £0.00
This is a FREE COURSE, developed with Practical Action as part of the British Council’s Connecting Classrooms Global Learning programme, will increase your awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals, and give you a series of engaging activities which will enable you to ensure that sustainability is embedded into your D&T teaching and learning.
Aimed at upper KS3/KS4, this course is suitable for all material areas within Design and Technology. The content supports preparation for the D&T GCSE but it may also be applicable for other related courses.
By participating in this course, you will:
• explore your own values around sustainability
• consider how your department can function more sustainably
• look at the environmental, social and cultural impact of a range of products
• use life-cycle analysis to measure a product’s impact
• redesign a product to improve its sustainability
• work with colleagues to develop ideas and plan how you will deliver the content in your school
Resources to support the course and subsequent delivery:
• the course PowerPoint, including links to the related videos
• Practical Action resources promoting the SDGs and Global Learning
• implement a unit of work back in the classroom – length of time and number of students/year group can be decided by the teacher
• log in to the network evaluation meeting approximately 8 weeks after the course this is to feed back on what they have done and share thoughts and outcomes with other teachers
• The British Council will ask for a short questionnaire to be completed before attending the course and after the evaluation event
• one school will be chosen from each course to share in more detail the activities they undertook – the teacher will be supported in this by their course trainer
*These courses are free to state funded schools. Please contact us if you are an independent school and wish to take part.
The date of your online network meeting will take place on Wednesday 10th February 20212 and is expected to last no more than one hour. You will be sent joining instructions nearer the time. This is a free course, however, failure to attend both elements will result in you being invoiced for £100.
If you are a teacher or a trainee teacher and plan to attend our event, please seek permission from your line management before booking and ensure you are aware of our terms and conditions. Spaces are limited. Booking your place is essential. If after booking a place you are unable to attend this course, please notify us one week prior to the course date or your school will be invoiced.
D&T Association Terms and Conditions apply – read more
Data Protection process for British Council, Engineering for People Design Challenge Courses – please read
To be confirmed - Nottingham,
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.