Grinding and Sharpening (S10HS) - Initial Training Course (MW)
Date and Time
Start Date: 25th March 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:00
Your Price: £190.00
This course will enable delegates to acquire H&S accreditation certification through a ‘hands on’ approach using the types of grinding machines that can be safely used in school workshops.
- The types and grading of bench stones that can be used to sharpen hand and machine tools, safety in the use of abrasive wheels
- The hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
- How to: assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- How to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- Appropriate methods of dressing abrasive wheels.
- The use of a range of bench stones, including an understanding of sharpening angles and the use of honing guides
- The requirements for routine maintenance as required by legislation and recommended by the manufacturer of the equipment.
- How to identify defects in grindstones and the procedures for dealing with them to avoid accidents.
- The use of maintenance logs for machinery.
All the activities conform to the current D&T Association Training Standards.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Cost of accreditation is included within the price.
Canon Slade School, Bradshaw Brow
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.
Back to events