Grinding and Sharpening (S10HS) - Initial Training Course (RS)
Date and Time
Start Date: 20th November 2018
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Your Price: £110.00
This course will enable delegates to acquire H&S accreditation certification through a ‘hands on’ approach using the types of grinding machines that can be safely used in school workshops.
- The types and grading of bench stones that can be used to sharpen hand and machine tools, safety in the use of abrasive wheels
- The hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
- How to: assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- How to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- Appropriate methods of dressing abrasive wheels.
- The use of a range of bench stones, including an understanding of sharpening angles and the use of honing guides
- The requirements for routine maintenance as required by legislation and recommended by the manufacturer of the equipment.
- How to identify defects in grindstones and the procedures for dealing with them to avoid accidents.
- The use of maintenance logs for machinery.
All the activities conform to the current D&T Association Training Standards.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Cost of accreditation is included within the price but excludes VAT.
New College Training Centre, D&T Training Workshop
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.
Back to events