How to Design: For GCSE NEA, from Year 7 onwards - Greater Manchester 2
Date and Time
Start Date: 10th December 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Member Price: £200.00
Your Price: £250.00
A fast paced practical workshop that will include sketching and presentation techniques, prototype production, the use of Autodesk Fusion 360 (no previous experience required) and 3D printing. Hands on experience of getting from an initial sketch to a 3D prototype.
This course covers the main skills needed to evidence an iterative design process that is crucial for gaining up to 60% of NEA marks for all awarding bodies. The course will be structured in three parts.
Drawing and sketching techniques:
- Fast sketching methods to avoid design fixation and encourage a creative design approach.
- 1, 2 and 3 point perspective drawing to ‘mix up’ the way a page/product is presented.
- Isometric drawing to show how a design is developing.
- Marker rendering
- Presentation techniques to help teach pupils how to present professional looking design pages.
- How to annotate a design so that key information about design thinking is shown.
Modelling and evidencing the use of models:
- How to make useable models from a variety of materials.
- How to use a model to produce a design page as part of the iterative design process.
- How to use a model as a starting point for CAD work.
- Autodesk Fusion 360 will be used (no prior experience needed) to produce a 3D rendered image.
- Orthographic drawing from a 3D CAD file.
- How to convert a CAD file to an STL file for 3D printing.
- 3D Printer set-up and hints on how to use 3D printers from KS3 – KS4.
- All parts drawn on Autodesk will be printed so that delegates can take their rendered images and orthographic drawings back to their schools.
- STL files will also be available so that delegates can take a file to be 3D printed.
Delegates that have not booked prior to the event cannot be guaranteed a space.
Terms and Conditions/Cancellation: https://www.data.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/
St James's C of E High School, Lucas Road
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.
Back to events