Start Date: 29th June 2021
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Member Price: £200.00
Your Price: £250.00
Long, Medium & Short-term Primary Planning using Projects on a Page - Full day course
A full day course, highlighting best practices for using acclaimed D&T planning resource ‘Projects on a Page’. There are 21 planners that cover Food and Nutrition, Textiles, Structures, Mechanisms, Electronics and Programming and control. It is a flexible scheme of work for D&T that helps schools to deliver a breath of excellent primary design and technology.
• Understand how Projects on a Page can be used to tailor D&T at your primary school and to best meet the needs of your pupils.
• Understand how to contextualise learning and develop rich opportunities for pupils, avoiding a ‘making by numbers’ approach of D&T teaching.
• Gain skills in using Projects on a Page to plan your curriculum, add context and plan a sequence of lessons.
• Share ideas to make projects and lessons engaging, and to ensure coverage of the 6 D&T Principles
• Engage in hands-on examples and develop practical skills
By participating in this course, you will learn how to:
• Use Projects on a Page as a planning tool.
• Use Projects on a Page to develop a sequence of lessons.
• Ensure progression through the key stages.
• Contextualise learning.
• Ensure the D&T ‘Essentials’ are being delivered
• Plan engaging lessons with a variety of learning opportunities
• Create practical outcomes using Projects on a Page templates
• Create a sequence of lessons following the templates
Before booking onto the course please read our terms and conditions for our COVID -19 policy and our cancellation policy.
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club, Coventry Road
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.