Planning & Preparing for "Deep Dive" in Secondary D&T Essex
Date and Time
Start Date: 15th December 2020
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Member Price: £200.00
Your Price: £250.00
This Course is Based on SECONDARY Curriculum. For Primary Courses Click Here
The new Ofsted framework, introduced from September 2019, requires leaders and teachers of D&T to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject, this course will guide participants through a review and redesign of the D&T curriculum offer.
- What skills and attributes do you want your year 11 students to have developed?
- What does a design and technology curriculum look like in light of Industry 4.0 and the aftermath of Brexit?
- How outward facing is your department in terms of global learning?
- Explore these issues with colleagues and make use of the curriculum planning tools on offer from The Design and Technology Association to get your planning underway.
- Broaden your thinking beyond working to exam specifications
- Understand how to fill them
- Identify gaps in your teaching and learning
- Discover resources to support the delivery of your department’s curriculum
- Link learning to the world of work and to society and wider life
- You will be given access to free curriculum resources as a result of attending this course.
- Consider your curriculum offer in terms of learning outcomes, not ‘projects’
- Understand how to map your current curriculum offer
- Prioritise your gaps
- Prepare an action plan with timescales for delivery
- Identify possible barriers to success and plan to circumnavigate these.
Delegates will need to bring a laptop with them.
Delegates that have not booked prior to the event cannot be guaranteed a space.
Terms and Conditions/Cancellation policy: https://www.data.org.uk/terms-and-conditions-and-policies/
To be confirmed - Essex,
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.
Back to events