Start Date: 26th November 2021
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Member Price: £200.00
Your Price: £250.00
The new Ofsted education inspection framework 2019, has an increased emphasis on a coherent and sequenced curriculum. Leaders and teachers of D&T are required to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject with this course helping to guide participants through a review and redesign of their D&T curriculum offer.
• What skills and attributes do you want your year 11 students to have developed?
• What should be included in your aspirational curriculum?
• What does a design and technology curriculum look like in light of Industry 4.0 and skills for the future?
• How outward facing is your department in terms of global learning?
• Explore these issues with colleagues and make use of the curriculum planning tools on offer from The Design and Technology Association to get your planning underway.
• Skills for an uncertain future
• Ofsted requirements and recommendations
• How to structure a D&T curriculum
• Audit of current provisions
• What, when and how?
• Industry 4.0
• Developing a plan of action
• Consider your curriculum offer in terms of learning outcomes, not ‘projects’
• Understand how to map your current curriculum offer
• Prioritise your gaps
• Prepare an action plan with timescales for delivery
• Identify possible barriers to success and plan to circumnavigate these.
Delegates are advised to bring a laptop or tablet device with them.
Before booking onto the course please read our terms and conditions for our COVID -19 policy and our cancellation policy.
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Airport, Outwood Lane
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.