Start Date: 10th December 2021
Time: 09:30 - 17:00
Member Price: £200.00
Your Price: £250.00
This is a face to face full day food course that will provide you theoretical and practical knowledge that you will need to complete if you are teaching and delivering food classes in school. Upon successful completion delegates will receive accreditation for Level 2 Foundation Food Safety, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and the Design and Technology extension level Secondary Food Health & Safety (SFHS) for teaching and supporting food teaching in schools.
Who is this course for?
Everyone who teaches and supports secondary D&T Food Preparation and Nutrition or who leads clubs or food activities in schools, including:
• Trainee teachers,
• Technicians and
• Teaching assistants/higher level teaching assistants.
What will this course cover?
• Training and assessment for Level 2 Foundation Food Safety certificate in association with CIEH and the design and technology extension level SFHS accreditation for teaching and supporting food in schools.
• It will incorporate theoretical application of the knowledge required to work in food rooms safely.
• There will be demonstrations of the safe practical application of food preparation equipment.
• It will also explore techniques and ideas around safe practices, including risk assessment, that should be part of everyday working safely.
• This course fully meets the requirements of Health and Safety for Design and Technology in Educational and Similar Establishments BS 4163: 2014 as well as Level 2 Food Safety requirements.
• This is also suitable as a refresher as the course has been updated to reflect the requirement for allergen management.
The Design & Technology Association , 11 Manor Park
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.