Teaching Food Safely
Date and Time
Start Date: 24th March 2021
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Member Price: £165.00
Your Price: £195.00
This is a live, full day, online face to face food course.
Who is this course for?
Everyone who teaches and supports secondary D&T Food Preparation and Nutrition or who leads clubs or food activities in schools, including:
What will this course cover?
- Trainee teachers,
- Technicians and
- Teaching assistants/higher level teaching assistants.
- Training and assessment for Level 2 Foundation Food Safety certificate in association with CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) and the design and technology extension level SFHS accreditation for teaching and supporting food in schools.
- It will incorporate both theoretical application of the knowledge required to work in food rooms safely.
- There will be demonstrations of the safe practical application of food preparation equipment.
- It will also explore techniques and ideas around safe practices, including risk assessment, that should be part of everyday working safely.
- This course fully meets the requirements of Health and Safety for Design and Technology in Educational and Similar Establishments BS 4163: 2014 as well as Level 2 Food Safety requirements.
- This is also suitable as a refresher as the course has been updated to reflect the requirement for allergen management.
In order to maintain the quality of our courses, we ask our delegates to book in advance and you will receive a confirmation email of your booking which will contain your registration link to access zoom.
By booking your place on this online course you are committing to purchase by either credit or debit card, BACS or cheque. You will only receive the link to this online, live zoom course once we have received payment.
Bookings made after 4.30pm the day before the online webinar may not be processed in time to join the call however we will try our best.
D&T Association - Online Training, Zoom Link will be sent
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable.
Back to events