GCSE D&T Key Resources
GCSE D&T Key Resources
The new single subject GCSE provides an excellent opportunity for departments to modernise their D&T curriculum and offer genuinely effective and inspiring D&T. These resources have been carefully designed to help your department plan for and implement the new GCSE and are provided as both departmental CPD and classroom teaching resources.
Further titles will be added as the new specifications are finalised for first teaching in 2017.
- A guide to developing a robust and irresistible curriculum leading to success with the new D&T GCSE
- Enabling you to teach your students to build control technology into their designs
- Enabling you to prepare your students to engage in user centred iterative designing
- Enabling you to teach your students technological perspective
- Enabling you to teach your students to design across material areas
- Enabling you to teach your students how to be creative
- Enabling you to teach your students to develop and communicate exceptional specifications
These resources are also available as a pack of all seven items.
- A flexible collection of videos, PowerPoints, activities and guidance sheets to support key aspects of NC D&T across all phases
- Classroom teaching and CPD resources
- Classroom teaching resource including a presentation and supporting activities
- Classroom teaching resource focusing in plastics
- Classroom teaching resource covering metals
- Classroom teaching resource covering textiles
- Classroom teaching resource covering timbers
- Classroom teaching resource covering papers and boards
- Set of six classroom teaching resources for GCSE
A set of ten files in pdf format with a wealth of information and links to help subject leaders plan and develop their departments in line with modern curriculum and practices.
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.