Member Price: £24.00
Your Price: £30.00
Designing Resource Pack
These substantial resources from DMC Cornwall Learning were developed in 2008, but remain particularly relevant to product design today. They are in pdf format and consist of a substantial and well-illustrated look at all major aspects of design.
The resource divided into 5 sections over 82 large scale pages:
• Section 1 - Design overview - An outline of the breadth and history of design.
• Section 2 - Case Studies - A collection of designer case studies of designer case studies looking closely at their approach to design and personal characteristics.
• Section 3 - Design attitudes - Personality traits
• Section 4 - Design tool kit - A set of effective design tools
• Section 5 - Design processes - Different approaches to design processes
The pack is based on a few simple yet fundamental premises:
• Designing is fun and should be enjoyed by young and old alike.
• Designing is a basic human activity which has been around since tools were first developed to help feed, clothe and make our lives better.
• Designing is much more than a paper based activity and can be undertaken using a wide variety of methods and media.
• Designing should not be separated from considered making.
• Designing requires a wide range of knowledge and skills drawn from across the traditional curriculum.
• There is not just one linear design process - there are as many different ways to approach designing as there are people and design contexts.
• There are a wide variety of 'tools' which the designer can use to help identity, clarify, develop and communicate design intentions. Like tools in any tool box, they can be used in a variety of ways.
It is intended that the materials be used by the teacher in a variety of ways:
• To boost their own and student knowledge and understanding of designing.
• As discrete units, integrated into schemes of work to support on-going activities.
• As a student research resource.
• As the focus for homework activities.
• As display materials to inform and stimulate student understanding.
D&T Association prices are inclusive of VAT and Postage and Packing.
This resource is not available to buy with curriculum credits.
Prices include VAT at the appropriate rate where applicable, postage and packing for UK only. For overseas postage please call us.