Training and Events
Why are events important to our members?The D&T Association runs a regular schedule of varied events throughout the academic year. These events can be refresher courses in your chosen field, or can be used as a means to build on your existing knowledge by Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Our members and non-member delegates always benefit from the CPD experience gained at events. They’re also a great chance to meet fellow D&T professionals in a non-work environment and discuss new developments, trends, ideas, and compliance issues.
They’re also an excellent opportunity to network with like-minded individuals around the country via our local branch network.
D&T CPD Events Scheduled in 2017
The D&T Association runs a collection of CPD training events. Next year you will be able to choose from a wealth of diferent CPD sessions, scheduled to run at venues nationwide
- Secondary Summer School
- 1 day consultants conference (RG & AM & 2 presenters)
- Electronics and Programmable Components for KS3 and GCSE
- Effective D&T Subject Leadership in Secondary Schools
- H&S training events estimate (train the trainer)
- Planning to teach the new GCSE in design and technology
- Teaching STEM Aspects of D&T - (New Name)
- Independent School Conference
- Relevant Textiles: Content for KS3 & GCSE D&T 2017
- The Textiles Industry: A Focus on High Performance Textiles & Footwear 2017 - Two Day Residential
- Using iterative designing processes and working in contexts
- Maximising your subject specialisms with new D&T GCSE: Textiles
- Maximising your subject specialisms with new D&T GCSE: Graphic Design (Paper & Board)
- Maximising your subject specialisms with new D&T GCSE: Product Design & RM
- Maximising your subject specialisms with new D&T GCSE: Engineering & Systems and Control
- Preparing schemes of work for key stage 3 and 4 fit for the new GCSE
- Engineering Workshop Skills
- Foundation Workshop skills for KS3 D&T
- Primary Summer School
- Getting to grips with primary programming and control at KS2
- Let’s learn how to teach practical skills and techniques now!
- Using children’s enthusiasm for D&T to improve English, maths and science (summer school pilot and delivered in Autumn Term)
- How to be a brilliant Primary Leader
- Teaching National Curriculum D&T with Creativity & Confidence
- Projects on a Page in Action
We are always looking for Branch co ordinators so please do consider one of your teachers being a coordinator in your area and then we can get a busy branch set up for you and supply you with regular info, video, topics for discussion and an arena for networking with like-minded teachers
How to book an event
Where are events held?
Some events are organised through your local branch, and are delivered regionally at a school, college, university or other venue near you. We also hold some courses at dedicated conference facilities across the country
We are always keen to find host schools for some of our courses. Host schools may benefit from membership deals and/ or free place on the course if it reaches a viable delegate number.
Events organised by the D&T Association
We also run other events that our members and non-members find incredibly rewarding. These include:
- Working Groups for Primary, Secondary and SEN
- Local Branch meetings in locations nationwide
- Conferences for our consultant trainers
- Exhibitions and Summer Schools
- D&T Annual Excellence Awards
Who is involved in developing and delivering CPD?
We develop our CPD sessions with a number of well-trained, experienced colleagues, and consultant members. Our established credibility allows us to employ expert consultants, executives, fellow members, and a knowledgeable events team, ensuring the events are of high quality and on current and relevant topics.
Working together for D&T
A strong and educated membership helps the D&T Association develop, maintain, and present a valuable strategic vision. One that represents the views of the community to national policy makers, other government agencies, and partners. Our events are planned to ensure our members are equipped with the latest information to help them to implement the new national curriculum effectively and efficiently.
Associated Filesl H&S Training
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.