Training and Events
Why are events important to our members? The D&T Association runs a regular schedule of varied events throughout the academic year. These events can be refresher courses in your chosen field, or can be used as a means to build on your existing knowledge by Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Our members and non-member delegates always benefit from the CPD experience gained at events. They’re also a great chance to meet fellow D&T professionals in a non-work environment and discuss new developments, trends, ideas, and compliance issues.
They’re also an excellent opportunity to network with like-minded individuals around the country via our local branch network.
D&T Summer School 2019
The D&T Association Summer School for 2018 was a tremendous success and will be held again in the state of the art facilities at De Montfort University, Leicester on 4th and 5th July 2019. Attend one or both secondary days. Also you may be interested in the Primary summer school which will be held on Thursday 4th July - Hold the dates for this inspiring event
Sustainability Design Challenge
A free course which will give you: Take a look at this video
- An understanding of the importance of global learning and how it impacts on us all
- A better understanding of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and how to make reference to them in your teaching
- Content to support the delivery of core knowledge associated with sustainable design, energy, mechanisms and structure
- Problem-solving challenges to highlight to your students how engineering can improve the quality of people’s lives
"Being able to go through and discuss the teaching of the subject"
"Ideas of classroom practice"
"Show the possibilities of what creative sustainable options are available"
"Gaining new ideas and concepts to deliver different lessons"
D&T CPD Events Scheduled for 2019
The D&T Association runs a collection of CPD training events. Next year you will be able to choose from a wealth of different CPD sessions, scheduled to run at venues nationwide
- Planning and Delivering GCSE Design and Technology
- Planning and delivering D&T Contextual Challenges
- Planning and Delivering D&T GCSE Compulsory Content
- How 3D CAD and CAM can support the iterative design process
- How to Design: For GCSE NEA, from Year 7 onwards
- VEX Robotics
- Embedding Technical & Design Principles into engaging learning experiences
- Inspire, engage, enthuse all students through a Design and Technology curriculum
- Planning GCSE D&T Through a Textiles Lens
- Successfully funding and leading STEM clubs through D&T in school, incorporating Drone Technology
- Teaching Food Safely
- Health and Safety Core Training
- Independent school Conference
- Primary Summer School
- Deliver engaging and effective Primary KS1 & 2 STEM projects
- Primary Subject leadership course
We are always looking for Branch co ordinators so please do consider one of your teachers being a coordinator in your area and then we can get a busy branch set up for you and supply you with regular info, video, topics for discussion and an arena for networking with like-minded teachers
How to book an event
You can book an event online or, call 01789 470007 or email us.
Where are events held?
Some events are organised and delivered regionally at a school, college, university or other venue near you. We also hold some courses at dedicated conference facilities across the country
We are always keen to find host schools for some of our courses. Host schools may benefit from membership deals and/ or free place on the course if it reaches a viable delegate number.
Who is involved in developing and delivering CPD?
We develop our CPD sessions with a number of well-trained, experienced colleagues, expert practicing teachers and consultant members. Our established credibility allows us to work with expert teachers and consultants, executives, fellow members to develop a comprehensive schedule of training each year. Our highly experienced events team, ensures the events are of high quality and on current and relevant topics required by teachers
Working together for D&T
A strong and educated membership helps the D&T Association develop, maintain, and present a valuable strategic vision. One that represents the views of the community to national policy makers, other government agencies, and partners. Our events are planned to ensure our members are equipped with the latest information to help them to implement the new national curriculum effectively and efficiently.
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.