Our E-Learning courses allow you to work at your own pace giving you the understanding and confidence to improve your practice in Design & Technology back in the classroom. Written by subject experts at the Design & Technology Association, our courses are made to meet the needs and high standards of a modern, busy school and count towards your ongoing Continuing Professional Development requirements. Each course will include a mixture of videos, quizzes and downloadable resources to help you develop your D&T teaching.
After completing each course, you will be issued a certificate and digital badge as proof of your ongoing CPD in Design and Technology education.
Primary E-Learning courses:
1. (Re)introducing D&T to your primary curriculum - read more
2. Understanding the iterative design cycle in primary D&T - read more
3. Primary D&T Workshop Collection - read more
4. Implementing Computer Aided Design (C.A.D) in primary D&T - read more
5. How to implement Mechanisms in the primary D&T curriculum - read more
Secondary E-Learning courses:
1. Secondary D&T Workshop Collection - read more
2. Delivering D&T through various methods (no more chalk and talk) - read more
3. Why and how to use e-portfolios in D&T - read more
4. Embedding Sustainable Practice in Design and Technology - read more
5. Teaching electronics in KS3 D&T - read more
6. Units not projects - A learning-first approach to D&T - read more
E-Learning courses for Primary and Secondary:
1. Surviving your ECT year - read more
2. Transition in Design and Technology - read more
3. Promoting D&T in the School and Wider Community - read more
4. Writing a Scheme of Learning in D&T: Putting Pedagogy First - read more
Member prices start at £25 and non-member prices start at £35. Courses are available for a 6 month period from the date of purchase.
"The best online training I have completed EVER and in 23 years I have done many".
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world.
We are focused on giving you the tools, knowledge and information you need to become more effective, more experienced and more efficient. Giving you access to expert opinions. And creating a place where you can air your views, ask your questions and so help make a difference to your life and those of your pupils. We want to hear from you. We want to know how we can help. And we want you to join us.